Changes to Employment Act 1955 !!.
As released in ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022.
Effective : 1st September 2022
1. The maternity and paternity leave increment has been enforced and gazetted. If your baby is due to be delivered after end of August 2022, you can now have a longer period of leave from 1st September 2022.
*** In reference to ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. Amendment of section 37 for Maternity Leave and new section 60FA for Paternity Leave.
For steps to change the entitlement in FlexHR System, please login to the Help Center before clicking on the link below:
HRMS V4 - How to change in entitlement table and update the employee entitlement.
HRMS V7 - How to change in entitlement table and update the employee entitlement.
If you have yet to register for Help Center, you can register at this link REGISTER HERE.
2. If you have not been using the calculation of wages for incomplete month’s work, the criteria and formula has been included in the Employment Act 1955 in the new Section 18A with the following formula:
*** In reference to ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. New Section 18A for Calculation of wages for incomplete month’s work.
3. It's time to shorten your weekly work hour. The weekly work hour has been changed from 48 hours to 45 hours for both Basic Hours and Shift Work.
Please read through the details of the changes and identify the affected shift in the system, and you may contact helpdesk to arrange the setting amendment session.
*** In reference to ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. Amendment of sections 60A and 60C for Work hour
4. Prefer a more flexible work arrangement? Employees may apply to an employer for a flexible working arrangement to vary the hours of work, days of work or place of work in relation to their employment with a collective agreement with the employer.
*** In reference to ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. Amendment of sections 60P and 60Q for Flexible work arrangement.
5. As per mention in the Employment Act 1955 amendment in the First Schedule, employees whose wages exceeds four thousand ringgit a month, will not be applicable for the below provision. For more details on the subsection, please refer to the Employment Act 1955.
*** In reference to PUA 262 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT OF FIRST SCHEDULE) ORDER 2022. The Employment Act 1955 is amended in the First Schedule for Wages exceeding four thousand a month.
6. Employers are obligated to prominently display a notice to raise awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace.
*** In reference to ACT A1651 - EMPLOYMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. Amendment of section 81H for Sexual harassment.
Once again, we would like to express our appreciation and gratitude for your support to us through all these years! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist!